Re[2]: [LARTC] further than dead gateway detection

-----Original Message-----
From: Esteban Ribicic <eribicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: vinokurov@xxxxxxx
Date: 03 Mar 2003 12:55:18 -0300
Subject: Re: [LARTC] further than dead gateway detection

> when interface goes down you must flush the cache to generate a new
> routing table.
> this perl script cheks and fix this.

ip route flush cache does not help even it I do it manually

The problem is that the route _never_ marked as down because the correspondent gateway successfully reached. The break of the line occures _after_ gateway:

internal              /eth1----modem1 (gateway1) --X-- Provider1
-------- eth0 |router|
                      \eth2----modem2 (gateway2) --X-- Provider2
                           ^^^^                  ^^^^^
                       here is no breaks     here is possible breaks

> have you done masquerading from an internal network?
> cause that does not work for mi..you may help me :)

Yes, I've done it by the means of iptables (I have a 2.4.20 kernel).

masquarade does not interacts with routing, just put it in the two routes:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE1 -j SNAT --to-source $IP1
ipdables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $IFACE2 -j SNAT --to-source $IP2

where $IP1 and $IP2 -- the external addresses of the certain interfaces ($IFACE1 and $IFACE2)

may be you need more specific configuration.

--
Nikita