Re: [LARTC] MAC addresses in linux router

Joachim,

So, you want your routers to transmit frames to an upstream firewall with
different source MAC addresses.  This is certainly possible, although it
may not work with your current network configuration--you'll have to do
some reading to know.

You'll want to look at the bridging code and ebtables:

  http://bridge.sourceforge.net/
  http://users.pandora.be/bart.de.schuymer/ebtables/

ebtables allows the transformation and filtering of ethernet frames in a
manner similar to iptables for IP packets.

-Martin

 : I use Linux boxes as routers and wonders if it's possible to have them
 : to "copy" the MAC address, so my firewall can toggle on MAC addresses.
 : Now it only see the routers MAC address, so everyone behind can go
 : through my firewall.

--
Martin A. Brown --- SecurePipe, Inc. --- mabrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx