Re: [LARTC] Commercial Alternatives

Brad,

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 10:36, Brad Davidson wrote:
> William L. Thomson Jr. said:
> >From what I was being told at the time, over a year ago. You plug it
> > into your network. Configure all machines to use it as their gateway. It
> > will then make decisions regarding the next gateway or hop to use.
>
> So it replaces the Default Gateway. The traffic is pretty explicitly going
> through it in that case. :P

Yes, but not in sense that traffic comes in one interface and goes out
another. From my understanding the main benefit of the SysMaster
solution was the number of connections being balanced had nothing to do
with the number of interfaces.

So even if the box only has two interfaces, you could load balance 2 or
more connections.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.