Re: [LARTC] Commercial Alternatives

It almost sounds like those "boxes" does ARP spoofing
to prevent having to do any network setup changes to
me, meaning traffic would actually flow through them.
Sounds pretty stupid though, could have all sorts of
ill effects, depending on the nature of the network.

> How is this possible? Is just goes out on the network
and sucks up overlimit
> traffic, preventing it from getting to the
destination?

> I'm pretty sure that all the products out there
require the traffic to pass
> through them to perform the shaping, unless there's
some deep voodoo out
> there that I'm not aware of.
>
> > I liked their solutions because the traffic does
not actually go through
> > their boxes. It simply plug's into your network,
and you tell it the
> > gateways, and then all other machines use it as
their gateway. It then
> > load balances the connections or what ever else you
want via intelligent
> > routing logic. At least that was my understanding.

---
John Bäckstrand