Re: [LARTC] squid + tc

> Martin Devera wrote:

> In Squid 2.5 you have the possibility to set TOS field with acls.
> This also works by calling setsockopt on the socket, changing it to
> SO_PRIORITY should take very little time

the only problem is that you will have to keep acls in sync
with your tc setup. But it could be done. Also you can could read
fw_mark (probably it can't be done from userspace => patch needed)
on incoming connection packets and set it on outgoing.
If you then set nf_mark in ipchains/tables and use cls_fw then
all should work transparently ..

> > If someone is willing to spend $1000 I'll write it ;-)
>
> I'll do it for a couple sixpacks of Ganther Bier (which releases
> enormous coding powers) ;)
> If no one volunteers, maybe i'll also do it for free ...

some day someone will write it. I need it too so that probably
I'll spend some evening on it ..

devik