[LARTC] need a help

I 'm working in project that consists in
implementation of a multimedia  extension over IP.
I set up informations about MPEG Video on the IP
option fields.
I want to use this information , in the router side,
to implemente a EPD (early packet discart) approche.
The EPD approche consists in the following :

-it is based on the data unit information, a data unit
may be fragmentated into many IP packet (number of
packet per data unit is varaible)
- when we reatch a limit in the queue,we will reject a
packet that belongs to a new unit and we accept only a
packet that belong to an old unit (with is already
enqueued)

this approche, is taked from ATM world, : ip packet is
fragmentated into many cell, then if we have to reject
one cell we must do this for all cells that belong to
the same packet (a unit here is a packet)

my question is how can i used the traffic control
implemented on linux to do that, i'm working with red
hat 7.2 .
if you have any idea, or you dindn't understand me
please send me a mail

thanks in advance