Re: [LARTC] Upload rate also down

I shape only download from server where i use tbf or htb (I don't try cbq red and other )
and i find that the upload speed also down
when I delete qdisc or if the shaping speed > 5mbit/s=640kbyte/s
upload speed up to hardware limit ( in other case upload_speed~10*download_speed
download_speed < 2mbit/s furthure upload_speed approach to hardware limit)
I don't upload and download at the same time
I understand difference between bit and byte
I understand difference between egress and ingress
But I wonder when I detect it problem
It may be only my problem hardware, software etc.
I try to recompile kernel with patches, without patches and some different combination
of it(2.4.18 htb-3.4 patch imq-2.4.18.diff-9 patch
and some of patch-o-matic from iptables-1.2.6a - qouta,multiport,time,ttl,psd ....)
but nothing changed
It's impossible that the egress influence on upload speed of any way ???
Thank you for advance !!
(sorry from my English)
20.05.2002 20:21:21, Stef Coene <stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Monday 20 May 2002 17:05, Alexey Talikov wrote:
>> I execute command on the server for shape outgouing data and do not upload
>> at the same time and do not use any ingress police
>So you shape traffic going from server to the client (download).

>Here you limit download to 1 mbit/s = 125 kilobyte/s.  And this exaclly what
>you get :
>
>And if you upload something, you only get 1500 kilobyte/s.  But is this at
>the same you are downloading ?  Or are you uploading when you are not
>downloading?
>
>Stef
>
>--
>
>stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx