[LARTC] Re: IMQ

Hi !

Odri Kornel wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a QoS over two logical devices. Imq would be great, but my problem is that it's using POSTROUTING rules and I'm already using SNAT wich also requires it.

I don't see where the problem is, NAT is an iptables table, IMQ is a network device. The IMQ iptables target just marks the packet in POSTROUTING to be enqueued, the actual enqueueing/dequeueing happens later (after all tables have been passed). The only thing you have to be aware of is that for outgoing packets the mangle table (marking) will see the original source ip while any u32/whatever filters attached to the imq device will get the packets already SNATed, but thats just like with regular network devices.

Bye,
Patrick