Re: [LARTC] Linux Traffic-Shaper and other Products

On Wednesday 26 December 2001 15:35, Sumit Pandya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Anyone know about commertail product for traffic shaping which does
> shapping for 2 way flow? I want to limit a client (say 192.168.1.100) at
> 64kbps for both upload and download. So total traffic from and to this
> client 192.168.1.100 should not exceed more then 64kbps.
> 	If there is any such solution then I'm sure we can get this happend in our
> Linux too. I'd be please if someone write to me on ways to achieve this or
> whatever thought to implement this. "rshapper" seems a nice start in this
> direction? What about modularizing rshapper at the level of queue and
> scheduling and filter... Ya its what Standred Linux Traffic-Shaper do.
Take a look at www.allot.com.  They have boxes that can shape traffic (these
boxes run linux with a web-interface and use CBQ to do the traffic shaping).
They cost about 15.000 USD and they do a poor job.
On the other hand, I can write you some scripts, you take an old PC with 2
NIC's and you pay ma as much as you would paid Allot :-)

What you want to do is so easy that you can do it by yourself.  Just take a
look at the howto, try some things out and post it to this mailing list.  We
will be happy to help you if you encounter a problem.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 More QOS info : http://www.docum.org/