[LARTC] Understanding the Examples

Hello everybody,

I am trying to understand the Advance routing and Traffic control. In
the examples section of the how to an example script is given. Section
15.8.2 (the ultimate setup for Your internet connection)

The example says download is 800 and upload is 220

  ###### uplink

  # install root CBQ

  tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 10mbit

Maybe I am misunderstanding it but even with a 256/64 Kbps ADSL with
PPPOE is this 10mbit of bandwith parameter to be used since packets are
coming through an ethernet ?

Section 9.2.3.2

# tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root sfq perturb 10
  # tc -s -d qdisc ls
  qdisc sfq 800c: dev eth0 quantum 1514b limit 128p flows 128/1024 perturb 10sec
   Sent 4812 bytes 62 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)

I believe this is a typo in the example since I got that idea clear

Thanks and have a joyous holiday season

--
Togan Muftuoglu
"Even more amazing was the realization that God has Internet access. I