Re: [LARTC] Traffic balancing by IP.

On Monday 24 December 2001 14:38, Dmitri Gofmekler wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> As far as I know that the traffic that will pass thru the router is
> balanced so that all connections have the same privilegies.
By default no traffic is balanced at all.  All packets that arrive will be
sended out as fast as possible and in the same order.
But you can use SFQ that will give each flow (combination of ip-address and
port) the same chance to transmit something.

> Is it possible
> to configure the linux based router so that all computers will have the
> same privilegies? I mean that if in default case full traffic is splitted
> by connections, so I need to split it by users to prevent one user occupy
> all traffic by starting 150 simulations downloads with FlashGET for
> example, but he should be able to occupy all channel if no one else require
> the traffic this time.
If I understand correctly, you want to give each ip-address the same rights.
There is no qdisc or filter who can do it automatically (the wrr qdisc can do
this but I never tried it ou).  If there are not to many ip-address, you can
create for each one a class (with CBQ or HTB).  Each class holds the traffic
of 1 ip-address and each class will have the same rights to transmit
something.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx