[LARTC] Re: LARTC digest, Vol 1 #385 - 12 msgs

Hello all,

I need to setup point to point routes between 5
computers running Redhat Linux 7.1

Our project requires that we have the same IP address
for each ethernet card. We have 4 ethernet cards on
each system.

1.Please let me know how I should  assign the IP
addresses to each card without conflict.
2. Do I also need to have broadcast addresses
configured for each interface?
3. How can I setup the routes between the point to
point links(I need to create routes based on the
cabling)
4.Do I need to connect all the 5 systems to a switch?

The systems are connected by crossover ethernet cables
amongst themselves. There is NO OTHER device in the
network.

I tried to create routes by doing the following:

1. If eth0 on sys 1 is connceted to eth 1 on sys 2,
then on sys 1 i entered,
root#ip neigh add 192.168.2.y lladdr as:sf:dg:fh:gj:gk
dev eth1 nud perm
root#ip route add 192.168.2.y scope link src
192.168.1.z

Then I did the similar config on sys 2 also .

But when I tried to ping one from the other, it gives
message "destination host unreachable"

Please let me know how I can get around this.

And once I get these static routes configured, If i
run gated or zebra, wil these rutes be deleted and
replaced by the new routing tables? Or can we
configure zebra, gated to get updates on these already
existing routes?

Also please let me know if I can configure zebra ospf
to work with my network(with each ethernet card on a
system having the SAME Ip address)

Please let me know if you need more information to
answer any of my questions.

Regards,
Sanjeev.