Re: [LARTC] Multipath, 2.4.16 + Julian's patches.

	Hello,

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Adrian Chung wrote:

> > > I'd like to do that, but I'd like to mainly use one link, and only
> > > fall back (fail over) to the second link when the first goes down.
>
> Since these are Julian's patches (from what I can tell), he might be
> the best person to ask, but, how hard would it be to do:
>
> $ ip route add default table 100 nexthop via aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd dev eth2
> weight 1 nexthop via bbb.ccc.ddd.eee dev eth1 weight 0
>
> And have the first link used fulltime, and the second (eth1) link only
> used when the first is "dead".

	You can mix a list of unipath or multipath routes into
alternative routes, see my docs. One of the alternative routes is used
until it fails. If you need different algorithm you have to create script
to handle it.

> Is "weight 0" used for anything right now, or even possible?

	Weight 0 is not allowed, it will need changing too much code.
If you can call ip route change, then you can call del+add and to
apply the new routes.

> Adrian Chung (adrian at enfusion-group dot com)
> http://www.enfusion-group.com/~adrian
> GPG Fingerprint: C620 C8EA 86BA 79CC 384C E7BE A10C 353B 919D 1A17
> [rogue.enfusion-group.com] up 134 days, 4:07, 4 users

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>