Re: [LARTC] Multiple Internet Links problem

	Hello,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Stephen wrote:

> Julian I am already using a kernel patched with your routes-2.2.19 patch

	Oh! But did you read the documents?

> here is an example of my rule and route list i am presently trying and the
> errors i am getting. I have 202.1.1.0/25 + 2 other ips on ppp0 my main
> static ip link. The 202.2.2 is my adsl on eth1. 202.3.3 is my cable
> on eth2 which i try to route all my clients from 202.1.1.128/25 out of by
> default.

	No, there are some rules you must follow:

- remove all your default routes from table main

- table main must be reached from rule with lowest priority
but after table local

- when adding IP address the proper network routes is automatically
added from the kernel: this is the reason for your error messages

- all directly connected networks must be added to table main,
it includes all host routes (/32). Don't try to introduce errors
by using extra tables. It could work if you do them correctly.

- add ip rules and routes: source routes to universe - for each
public network add rules in the form "from pubnet/netsize to all table X"
and then add default routes through each gateway. As result, the gatewayed
routes are with lower priority (higher prio number) from the
directly connected networks

	As result, all direct routes (without gateway) are in
table main and the hosts from all networks can talk directly IP
and ARP without hiting wrong gatewayed route by mistake.

- at the end add "from all to all" rules and routes. You can select
different form: multipath routes or list of alternative routes.
The howtos mention about different variants. Even if the Nano-HOWTO is
for 2.4 all its rules and routes work for 2.2. There is a
complete list of all settings.

- In all routes use preferred source address (src XXX)

	I don't see your IPs, so use something like this:

ip route del default
ip addr add 202.1.1.X/25 brd + dev eth0
ip addr add 202.2.2.X/Y brd + dev eth1
ip route add 202.3.3.153/32 dev eth2 src XXX

No, it is a full mess. I can't show you the right settings
because I don't see the full picture: addresses, topology, etc.
I hope you understand your setup. Try to follow the above rules.
Use source routing only for routes to universe.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>