Re: [LARTC] HTB not that exact

> > > -#define PSCHED_CLOCK_SOURCE    PSCHED_JIFFIES
> > > +#define PSCHED_CLOCK_SOURCE    PSCHED_CPU
> >
> > by the way if you have pentium with tsc the patch above
> > is stronly recommended. It allows for sub nanosecond
> > precision...
> > devik
>
> Is there a reason not to do this? In which case we should probably submit a
> patch that makes PSCHED_CPU the default if you have a TSC.

It would be nice - but when ANK does somethink in some way
there is reason usualy.
I've already been thinking about it as

#ifdef CONFIG_X86_TSC
 #define PSCHED_CLOCK_SOURCE    PSCHED_CPU

I can found no reason why don't use TSC. With highly loaded
interface where eth interrupts are faster than timer ones
it should make flow smoother.
Without TSC all packets within single timer tick (10ms) are
treated as havin the same arival time.
CBQ's clock integrator based on HW speed computations overcomes
this and it might be reason why ANK left JIFFIES here.

If you think that you have such power to convince people
about it then go ahead. :)

devik