Re: [LARTC] Forcing an "external" route

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 03:38:48PM -0600, David Purves wrote:

>     I want to force packets from     eth0 <--> eth1     to take the path
>     eth0 <--> p0 <--> p1<-->eth1.
>
> What I have here is an appliance that I want to run some throughput tests.
>
> The cables are set up eth0 <--> p0 and p1<-->eth1 and work (pings work
> just fine)....
>     no matter what I try, the kernel is too smart for me  :-) , and it
> routes internally (inside the linux box) instead of entering the outside
> world.

I don't think that this is possible purely with iproute2. You will probably
need at least one extra machine to perform NAT.

Perhaps you can get away with UML (usermodelinux).

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People