Re: [LARTC] Does this work: CBQ on PPP over a PTY

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:01:51PM +0100, Sebastian 'spax' Pape wrote:
> hi!
>
> > What did you set as 'bandwidth'? The bandwith of the ethernet you are
> > sending to? The bandwidth of your cable modem?
> I am using cbq with the roaring penguin pppoe and cbq is working fine
> for outgoing traffic here. I set the speed of my ethernet as bandwidth
> and created a root-class with the speed of my adsl as rate. If I look
> at the incoming traffic it shows that it only does anything if the
> rate of the root class is approx. half of my available bandwidth. It
> seems that cbq miscalculates something - but I'm not sure. I sent my
> config to the list some time ago and askes for advice - but nothing
> seemed wrong.

Well, this might very well fit the general brokenness of CBQ idle time
determinations. Try HTB (google://htb+devik).

I'm now convinced that CBQ is by no means reliable for shaping on all
interfaces.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People