RE: [LARTC] RTNETLINK answers: File exists

Maybe this also applies to the problem I have been fighting for the last
several weeks.  I have a VPN situation that requires a Linux router/firewall
to route packets back out the same interface on which they came in.

Julian, I saw this quote in the website you mentioned:

By default, the Linux kernels drop packets with local source address from
the forward path as "source martians". This is not controlled from the
rp_filter flags. The following patches try to relax this rule and to allow
the LVS director to be used as (default) gateway from real servers that send
packets with VIP source, i.e. when the same IP is configured on the LVS
director.

What does this mean?  Is this quote telling me that Linux kernels drop
packets when their routes to the next hop go out the same interface on which
they came in?

thanks

- Greg Scott