[LARTC] bandwidth shaping question (up+downstream together)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gunther Stammwitz [mailto:Gunther@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. November 2001 22:27
An: LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: bandwidth shaping question (up+downstream together)

Hello,

I'm new to bandwidth shaping and cbq and got a question. I'd like to sell
"bandwidth" to my customers. For example one Megabit or 10 Mbits or
whatever. It shall not play a role whether the traffic is up- or downstream.
All I want to limit is the total traffic of my customers.

I've been surfing around for a while and found some scripts that allow
limiting the bandwidth for an Ethernet-device or a subnet - BUT all of those
programs are only intended for one direction: either up or downstream.

So.. is it possible at all to limit the "total" amount of bandwidth an
Ethernet device (like eth0) and/or a subnet (like 192.168.0.0/24) can cause
?

Thanks a lot,
Gunther Stammwitz