[LARTC] Getting AOL IM client to work with IPTABLES and IPROUTE2 (port forwarding almost)

I'm trying to get my AOL IM'r to work consistenly with 2 cable modems. It seems like it says it can't connect (90% of the time, 10% it works, just pure luck) when I have both of the cable modems working together with this iproute command

ip route default equalize nexthop via ***.***.***.*** dev eth0 nexthop via ***.***.***.*** dev eth2
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -o eth2
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -o eth0

Internet and everything else works fine with that. I need a solution whether it be some kind of forwarding (port 5190) so that anything received comes through 1 ethernet address. It might even have to be sent out the same ethernet address but I'm thinking either one would work if there is someway to put a return address on the packet or something. I know AOL im'r works 100% when the linux box is routing just through 1 cable modem.

Thanks!

David