[LARTC] More Loadbalancing problems

I have two DSL links on a linux with three network cards, and would
like to use both at the same time. Following this list I though this
should work:

- compile a kernel with equalcost-multipath enabled
- I've set up two host routes to the IP and the gateway of each DSL, so I can
  test wether the gateway is alive even if it doesn't have a default route.
- setup the default gateway:

	ip route add default nexthop via IP-gw-DSL-1 dev eth0 \
			     nexthop via IP-gw-DSL-2 dev eth2

With this, I can ping out of the box, but I couldn't visit a single
webpage; all timed out (configuring just one of the two does work
however). Then I modified the default route to:

	ip route add default nexthop via IP-gw-DSL-1 dev eth0 weight 2\
			     nexthop via IP-gw-DSL-2 dev eth2 weight 1

Now it does work, but on eth2 I can observe only an increment in
outgoing packets, although there was not a really heavy load on the
line. I also noticed, that I'm able to access the machine from outside
on eth0 but not on eth2. I've not installed any firewall rules yet.

I remember to have read in this list that using the option equalize
would switch the devices not session but packet dependently, so I didn't
use it.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Christoph Simon