Re: [LARTC] Re: Iproute2 in FreebSD

Hello,
you don't need IPROUTE2 on FreeBSD, you can use ipfw. Ipfw has less bugs
and more documentation as IPROUTE2 but ipfw has less features than
IPROUT2+iptables.
With ipfw you can make:
- multirouting
- firewalling
- traffic shaping
Everything with 1 tool and 1 syntax.
But!
Traffic shaping with ipfw is very poor better is ALTQ but best is linux tc
(without bugs ;)
Multirouting with ipfw has other philosophy there is no multiple tables...

PSIkappa
psi@xxxxxxxxxxx