[LARTC] route with different metric

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I did not find a searchable archive.

What I am planning to do:
2 different connections to 2 different ISPs.
One is handled by an ISDN card, one via ethernet to their router
(DSL).
We want to use the DSL line; only if this fails we need the ISDN
line.
I played around with the metrics but could not get it to work.

Any hint appreciated,
Christian