Re: [LARTC] PRIOMAP, SPLIT, DEFMAP usage info + PRIO, TBF and other bugs

> ness wrote:

> Oh, one more notice:
>     AS FAR I UNDERSTAND PRIO NOT WORKING AT ALL, OR AT LEAST
>     NOT WORKING AS IT MUST WORK.
>     First of all it not implement class manipulation functions, so if
> you just try
>     to list PRIO classes (tc class ls dev eth0) this will give you
> segmentation
>     fault :(. The more the better. I far as I understand PRIO qdisc
> creates classes
>     "on fly", so I tryed to filter some packets to this classed. After
> 2 weaks of

the advanced networking howto
(http://qos.ittc.ukans.edu/howto/node17.html) says PRIO does not support
clasess:

"Not all queuing disciplines support classes. The ones that support
classes include the CBQ, the DS_MARK, the CSZ and
the p-FIFO queuing disciplines. The rest of the queuing disciplines do
not support classes. "

but the code net/sched/sch_prio.c has prio_classify() call .... I think
the howto is too old, PRIO supports classes .....

>     experements I understand that it don't prioritize packets AT ALL.
> (I'll be glad
>     to hear that I'm wrong...)

does not in my tests, I am also looking why ....

Nikolai