Re: [LARTC] CBQ

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Luiz C. Spies wrote:

> 	Ok i work in a ISP all my clients are company's ok? i put a server LINUX in
> my client's and i share  INTERNET  with IP MASQUERADE, but my clients user
> full bandwidth i need limit de internet traffic, ok?  not the internal
> traffic, Internet TRaffic only  uderstand??? please give a idea to resolv
> this problem, what you sugest??

(Please quote only relevant parts and type your message below the quote.)

The basic idea to solve it is to create two seperate classes, one for
internal traffic and the other one for internet traffic. If you need to
limit both downstream as upstream, you need to create those classes on
both your interfaces.

Then use the tc general filter to redirect the packets into the correct
class depending on the source or target address.

Please study the setup in the HOWTO and read through the mailing list
archive, there have been a few messages about masquerading + traffic
control in the last months.

--
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5