Re: [LARTC] TC on a Masqued Machine

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, streeterk wrote:

> I have a single DSL connection I share with 7 computers and wish to divide the bandwidth.  I will be adding another one later and hope to divide the traffic and re-route to one if the other fails, but that is a nother project.  The connection is 384/128.  I am able to control the downstream traffic, but the upstream traffic has proven to be more challenging.  It seems that the Masquerading takes place between adapters, so all the traffic to the outbound adapter appears to be from the same IP.  I can control the traffic if I specify the IP of the outbound adapter, but reference to the LAN address has no affect.  Here is a summary of my setup
>
> eth1  (internet)
> |
> eth0 (LAN)
> |
> Switch
> |
> Comp1-Comp2-Comp3-etc.
>
> I tried to filter the outbound traffic on eth0 by adding subclasses for outbound traffic to eth1 and filtering by src but I could not seem to get that to work either.
>
> Here is my latest effort:

[snip]

Mayby you should try to mark incoming packets from the local network with
the firewall (iptables or ipchains). You can add a filter in tc depending
on the fw mark and redirect the packet into the correct class.

--
GnuPG public key: http://win-www.uia.ac.be/u/s965817/pub.key
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5