Re: [LARTC] Flush the table and start over?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, streeterk wrote:

> I think I have mad a nice mess of things and would like to flush the
> tables and start fresh.  I can not find ant refrence to a flush
> command.  Is there one??  Thanks, Kurt

What do you want to flush?  The route tables?  The traffic control
hierarchy?

To remove the traffic control configuration you can do a

  tc qdisc del dev <interface> root

for every interface that you've configured traffic control on.  Removing
the root qdisc on any interface will remove the rest of the configuration
tree for that interface.

To flush route tables you can look in the iproute2 documentation, page 31,
for the 'ip route flush' command.  There's no help for you on the command
line, other than what you get from 'ip route help'.

HTH, HAND.
'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,