Re: [LARTC] High Availability and QoS (problem with IP aliasing)

Javier Miguel Rodriguez wrote:

>         Hello
>
>         I am using Ultramonkey to create a highly available firewall linux
> cluster. Everything works okay with ipchains or iptables...
>
>         The problem is with QoS... Ultramonkey creates a "cluster virtual" IP
> address called eth0:0. I am using cbq script to control the bandwith, but it
> does NOT work with ip-aliasing
>
>         Does anybody how to do QoS with an ip-aliased interface?

Just use the "original" interface, meaning: use eth0 instead of eth0:0.
The same is true for iptables rules. I'm also setting up a HA firewall
with iptables and traffic shaping; actually one half is running right
now (the other half has yet to be set up).

Juri