[LARTC] Priority to UDP?

My Linux machine acts as a IP-masquerading gateway for
my home LAN and also hosts a small mailinglist. I am
using redhat 7.1, which appears to have iproute
installed by default.

I simply want to give UDP packets a higher priority
over all other traffic. Reason: when my wife surfs the
web or the mailinglist has traffic, my online shoot
'em up games "lag out" (the latency increase makes the
game unplayable).

Is there a simple way to do this? Most of the examples
I've seen perform prioritization based upon address
(customer A gets a higher priority than customer B)...