Re: [LARTC] SOCKS4/5 daemon (was: Authetication on LAN)

On Fri, 11 May 2001 at 17:48, Deepak singhal wrote:
> That would solve my problem also ..!! If anybody can recommend soks4/5
> daemon with per user authentication ..

I just did a quick search on Freshmeat and from the results it looks like
Dante <http://www.inet.no/dante/> is the choice for those who don't fit in
NEC's "free for non-commercial use" license. Supposedly Dante has
username/password authentication for Socks5 support in place.

Has anyone tried Dante out? Perhaps someone could help and let us know if
it's any good, or maybe if there's another program out there that might
work better.

Thanks in advance. :)

 --> Jijo

---
Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows NT ...
... also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly