[LARTC] Modelling a slow [56K connection] to specific computers on a LAN

Hi, I am currently using Linux 2.2.19 and am attached to many other
boxes on a switched 100 Mbit Lan. For some experiments, I would like to
model a 56K dial-up connection to a webserver on one machine [maybe
more] on the LAN. Techniques regarding modelling the speed in the
inbound direction only would be appreciated

I have read [more like skimmed through the Linux 2.4 Advanced Routing
HowTO but am not sure if that is applicable to 2.2 and
scenario's where the machine is not a router but a host]. I am more
familiar with FreeBSD ipfw and dummynet  but don't want to setup a
separate traffic shaper box in bridging mode for this

my question is, Is this possible in Linux 2.2. I don't compile my
kernel's with firewall support. Is this a requirement

Thanks, Yusuf
--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg@xxxxxxxxxxxx