Re: [LARTC] HOW CAN I PRIORITIZE THE ICMP PACKETS

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Alexandra Alvarado wrote:

> Obviously this occur when I configure the cbq [64Kbit], when i turn cbq
> off all is ok, BUT I NEED CONTROL THE BANDWITH all traffic minus the
> ping service.
>
> That is the reason why I need that the ping service not be controlled
> [or be prioritized], FOR THE CLIENTS, can you give me a good example for
> that? :)

It depends how you select your pakkets for putting in the bandwidth
limited queues. Just don't mark the ICMP packets or adjust the filter
so they have enough bandwidth. Or create a seperate class for ICMP
messages.

Please be more specific ..

--
CAPS = SHOUTING = (maybe) impolite