[LARTC] OT: Linux 2.4 CD Distribution

Sorry for the OT...

  I got tired of having to install Linux on
every new system, upgrading the distribution, compiling the new kernel,
rebooting and removing source code, compilers and...
Just to have a 2.4 firewall or network system...

  I've realized with a friend a Debian boot cd with
a complete linux 2.4.2 system installed on it. It uses the cdrom as
root filesystem and it works pretty well. There still are
some things I don't like, but it's going to be ok in a couple
days. I put on it a tar.gz of a good starting point, so I can
create the partitions, gunzip the image, gunzip the kernel,
compile a good kernel and reboot, directly from the cdrom...
  Without having to install and deinstall the gcc, upgrade
the libraries or anything else...

  If you're interested in it, please drop me a line... I'm
looking for a free web site to put a 600 Mb cd image, but I couldn't
find one, yet. In the meantime, I can send the cd to you by email
:-). It's not meant to be a distribution, but you should
download the image, change some settings (I don't think you
want an Italian keyboard under X), put the most usefull things to you
and burn your own cd...
 	Hope I told you something interesting,
 			bye, Carlo