Re: [LARTC] multiple MAC addresses from one network card

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Terry L. Ridder wrote:

> hello;
>
> would you know if anyone has all ready hacked
> the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to use 'ip'
> instead of 'ifconfig' and 'route'?

For Dead Hat?  No clue.  I use 6.2 but then again I also don't use aliases
if at all possible and if I do need one I do it myself by hand.

That'd be a good project to do, though.  I'd love a version of the scripts
for 6.2 (I won't use 7 for obvious reasons).

If I ever get irritated enough by their boot scripts I'd rewrite 'em
meself.  But I just don't care yet.  They work well enough for now, since
I don't do anything magic, and don't have any funny routing to do on my
workstation (my routers all use handmade stuff).

Come to think of it though, in the next few months I'll be setting up some
tunneling from my workstation, so I'll probably need to.  I'll let the
list know when I've rewritten them.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,