From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Arthur van Leeuwen
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 9:38 AM
To: Josh Sides
Cc: LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [LARTC] @home cable modem

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Josh Sides wrote:

> My wording is bad.  I want to assign all ip's to one ethernet card which
> will be directly connected to the cable modem.  I'm trying to set up a
> situation so that I can play with iptables and nat.  I want to get rid of
> the masquerading.

Ah. ip addr add <ipaddr1> dev eth0 && ip addr add <ipaddr2> dev eth0 && ip \
addr add <ipaddr3> dev eth0

And then you set up routes and you select which uplink IP address to use
as default. Magic needs to happen if you want to use all three.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     | Work like you don't need the
money