[LARTC] Problem with bandwidth

Hi all,

Here is my setup: Host1 ---> Router ----> Host2

When i run ttcp -t on Host1 while ttcp -r in Host2, the bandwidth that i can get is about 860 Kbytes/s, which is less than 7Mbps. But i am using NIC 10Mbps for all machines. Why is that so?

Currently, i am experimenting with the example efcbq. I am using MGEN (a UDP traffic generator) to send 2 flows of traffic (EF and BE) from Host1 to Host2. I allocate EF 3Mbit and BE 7Mbit in router. But using DREC (a receiver that comes with MGEN), i observed the bandwidth obtained by BE and EF do not tally with my tc configurations. And the sum of the total bandwidth received is about 4-5Mbps. I read somewhere in the mailing list that udp will have defragmentation problem. Another reason that i can guess is the way the software (MGEN and DREC) measure is not accurate. Any suggestions on what software i can use in order to have measurement that tally with tc configurations?

Thanks.