Re: [LARTC] CBQ and WRR

Hi,

> Is WRR built into CBQ?

You confuse qdiscs as described in the howto with strategies the qdiscs implement.

The WRR qdisc described in the howto implements Weighted Round Robin scheduling.

The CBQ qdisc implements CBQ scheduling. CBQ scheduling uses as one of its basic elements (at least in the Linux implementation) principles from Weighted Round Robin scheduling.

In this sence the CBQ qdisc is more advanced than the WRR qdisc. I have tried some time ago to use CBQ just to perform weighted round robin scheduling but I did not succedd. Maybe I just did it wrong because there was not really any documentation for the CBQ qdisc.

> The most probable thing is that the default WRR in kernel 2.2.17 which is
> what i'm using already has an earlier version of WRR??

The WRR qdisc mentioned in the howto has never been a part of the standard kernel.

Christian