Re: [LARTC] Suggestion to the Advanced Routing HOWTO

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 04:40:17PM -0300, Rogerio Brito wrote:

> 	This difficulty was particularly evident when I was reading
> 	the part about Quality of Service/Bandwidth Shaping. I got the
> 	impression of that section of the HOWTO being a handful of
> 	commands, with arguments that I didn't understand completely
> 	(and often asked myself if they were important or why they
> 	were important).

This may well be true. We try to explain shaping and queueing, but a lot of
the DiffServ stuff is unclear to me as well. If anybody can chip in, you are
*more* then welcome.

> 	So, here is my input: if possible, please, include a bit of
> 	theory behind the concepts, so the readers of the document get
> 	the big picture before going to the technicalities.

References to good books would also be great.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People