Re: [LARTC] Simplest Routing Question EVER

Fei Lung wrote:

> I am using kernel 2.4.1.  Iptables shows accept for input, forward,
> output.  The Windows machine has the Linux machine as the gateway.
> >From the windows machine, I can ping the IPs on the linux machine,
> but I cannot ping the T1 gateway.

Whenever I get something like this, I either run ipchains or netfilter with the
check command, or add accounting rules and see where the packets stop.  The
latter is only useful if you can make a rule specific enough to distinguish
between other traffic that may go through your firewall.

Please try the accounting rules, and see if you can find where the packets stop.

Mike