Re: [LARTC] Simplest Routing Question EVER

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 05:05:50PM -0500, Fei Lung wrote:
> This must be the easiest question ever, but I've been stumped for
> days.  I can't seem to get my Linux box to route traffic through
> to my Win box.  What I have is:

The problem is that your Windows box doesn't have a publically routable IP
address, probably. Search with google.com on 'rusty three line guide
masquerading' - this will allow your windows box to roam the internet using
the IP address of your gateway.

If you *do* have routable IP addresses for yuur subnet, your gateway needs
to know where to send data intended for your subnet. IP is very much a
two-way thing.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People