Re: [LARTC] Where to mark filters for traffic control?

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Jason Straight wrote:

> Where should I be marking packets for traffic control to operate on? mangle ,
> prerouting I would guess. Is that correct?

Why guess? man iptables:
mangle This table is used for specialized packet alteration.  It has two
built-in chains:  PREROUTING (for altering incoming packets before
routing) and OUTPUT (for altering locally- generated packets before
routing).

Oki