Re: [LARTC] cbq.init v 0.6.1

Second -- you said it all. You answered Y to all the QOS stuff rather than M, so you have no modules, it's all compiled into the kernel (why do folks insist on building monstrous monolithic kernels??).

Why tinkering with modules if you have the memory available anyway?
I have built a kernel with all I need in it, and all I don't need out of it.
I think it is a lot easier (I never have to check whether module x or y is already loaded or not..).
With todays memory prices "monstrous" kernels are not a problem anymore anyway.

However, it is useful if you have to test new kernel functionality, or for building distributions with broad application possibilities.
But I do not see any reason to NOT build a monolithic kernel for just your own system.

Guy