Re: [LARTC] CBQ and VLAN's

I would like to assign a certain amount bandwidth to a group of users.

These users may borrow bandwidth of each other.

It must be possible, for example, to give user A 128K ,user B 256K and
user C and D together 64 K.

Each user is on a separate interface (for security reasons, and for easy
DHCP configuration) and i use the vlan tools from "vlan.sourceforge.net"
for that.

For the above to work i need to put a number of interfaces together in a
class, but it seems to me that it's doesn't work, according to some test
i did.

I have set up a testing bed, with 3 users (vlan5 vlan6 and vlan7).
Together they have 128K. But when they start downloading all at the same
time, they can all download at full speed (all at 128Kbit).

So, any suggestions ?

greetings,
and thanx in advance,

jos

--
Systeembeheer                                Tel:    +32/9/269.04.51