Re: [LARTC] Two routes to Inet no inbound traffic

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 09:00:40PM -0500, wyonker@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I have DSL and Cable Modem.  My domain name is mapped to my
> cable modem connection which is eth0.  My DSL is on eth1.  eth2
> is my internal LAN connection.
>
> When I have both routes up, I don't get any of my inbound traffic
> such as email.  I can still get out to the internet fine.  Of course
> there are two default routes but I didn't think that would be a big
> issue.

Use tcpdump or ethereal to find out where your outgoing traffic is going.
Check that the traffic appears on the right interface - 'egress filtering'
by one of your ISPs may be killing 'martian packets' on your DSL or cable
modem.

If that doesn't solve your problem, describe your situation more completely.
IP addresses, netmasks, and how your mail is supposed to arrive.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People