Från: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]För
foucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skickat: Thursday, November 16, 2000 6:35 PM
Till: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [LARTC] Differents questions about tc

Hello,

I'm asking some questions about the configuration of the queueing
discipline with tc and the implementation in the kernel.

1) What is the difference between the pfifo an bfifo queues ?

2) It seems that we can configure two queueing disciplines on a interface.
Indeed, ingress seems to have a particular behavior. You can give two
different informations :
  tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 10: cbq ......
  tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress ......
In tc command, we can use "ingress" instead of "root" parameter.
Well, in fact, i don't really understand the utility of ingress in that
case !!

Can anybody explains this ?

Thanks,

Laurent Foucher