[LARTC] Increasing Congestion

Hi all,
I am involved in a scalable Video Conferencing project and
am using a machine running Red had Linux as a router. I
basically want to know two things:-->>>
(1)I need to configure the router so that it recognizes the
TOS and Precedence bits and routes packets accordingly.
(2) The videoconferencing system is setup in a Ethernet .
For benchmarking the application ,I need to increase the
congestion at the router delibrately and then show how my
application can adapt to it. So , I need to know how to
increase the congestion and also measure the same at the
Winnt machine which runs the video conferencing application.
So I need to calculate the congestion at the router by a
program on the winnt machine,but don't want to run any
program on the Linux router.So please can anybody tell me
how to access the congestion value at the Linux router ??.It
would be a lot better if I could get some kind of congestion
coefficient at the router .

Thanking you all in advance.
Rajiv Sankaran