[LARTC] Limits of CBQ process under Linux

Hi!,
I'm in the process of building a load generator to stress test some networking
equipment for my thesis and I'm wondering how Linux would support doing
egress traffic shaping with on several hundreds(!) virtual ip's defined on
the machine doing the QoS itself.

I have to limit the transmission rate for each virtual ip at, let say, 300Kbit
output
rate.

I currently use CBQ with SFQ queue policy and get good behaviour from the
setup but I only use <10 virtual ip's for now. ( This implies 10 different classes

in CBQ process)

I would like to know if anyone have experience with this kind of setup or if
anyone
does know the limits of the CBQ process with Linux kernels.

Thanks for your help,

Raffaele

Raffaele Brancaleoni                          Email : s940195@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Licence en Informatique