Re: [LARTC] question about "rate"

Hello,

> 1.) As you can see below, I allowed 56Kbit for ftp-data transfers. This
> results in about 12KB/s. When I enter 64Kbit, full speed is consumed. Am
> I doing something wrong here? I thought 96Kbit should result in 12K/s
> and 128Kbit were full speed.

Hmm... same setup seems to work for me quite fine at 64Kbps, 65607 bits in
one second.

> 2.) How can I allow ftp-data transfers to get files at 128KBit speed,
> when there is no other traffic on the line? I want to have ftp transfers
> at a sufficient low priority, so that upstream and downstream from and
> to internal hosts are not affected by my ftp-servers traffic.

Removing the "bounded" on your class 10:200 will allow the class to borrow
bandwidth from other classes when they aren't using it. This is addressed
on the bandwidth limiting example, under "What to do with excess
bandwidth".

By the way, how can I stop Netscape from opening a second port on the ftp
server instead of using port 20 for data transfer? Testing with ftp
downloads under netscape results un full bandwidth as this connection is
used for data instead of source port 20:
(output from netstat -na)
tcp       0      0 192.168.144.99:44212    192.168.144.99:1064 ESTABLISHED

Cheers,

Rodrigo Goya