Re: [LARTC] Getting "ip" command to work

bert hubert wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 05:49:50PM -0400, David Zoll wrote:
>
> > The bulk of the rest is similar enough until the sendto line.  I get
> > handle number 3 rather than 4, sizes are different, and the contents of
>
> The reason you get 3 is that I sent the output to a file, which took file
> descriptor. Well, you've lost me here, try posting on the linux-kernel list.
> I think something is broken.

My fault, your first instinct was the right one.  I wasn't running the
kernel version I thought I was.  Uname didn't give me enough info to see
that, but I noticed that lilo.conf wasn't set up the way I had expected
it, so it was still booting with the out-of-the-box Debian kernel.

IP is working now.

I'm planning to submit a wishlist item to Debian for a default kernel
that supports iproute2, unless someone has beat me to it.

Thanks alot for your help,
-David Zoll