Re: [LARTC] Traffic Control + Masquerading

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 10:04:33PM -0400, Ing. Rodrigo Goya O. wrote:

> I can limit the downstream bandwidth perfectly, however, as the linux
> router is doing masquerading, I don't seem to be able to discriminate
> upstream bandwidth based on each computer, as the outgoing source IP is
> the public one on the router (eth0).

You need to mark packets when they're coming in on the inside, with a
different mark for different computers. Ipchains offers support for this.
This mark will survive the routing, and then you make a filter with 'tc' on
this mark.

The HOWTO mentions how to do this with 'iptables', but the ipchains commands
are not that different.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People